Menora Theatre and Picture Gardens

362 Walcott Street,
Menora, WA 6050

Unfavorite 1 person favorited this theater

Uploaded By

Tiny film

More Photos of This Theater

Photo Info

Uploaded on: February 19, 2021

Size: 213.8 KB

Views: 387

License:

Menora Theatre 340 Walcott Street, Mt Lawley, WA - Opening Night May 20, 1954.

Menora Theatre 340 Walcott Street, Mt Lawley, WA - Opening Night May 20, 1954.

The Menora theatre opened on May 20, 1954 with the Samuel Goldwyn production, “Hans Christian Anderson”. This was presented on a wide panoramic screen. The night was officiated by Mr M. E. Hamer, Chairman of the Perth Road Board who congratulated the Machlin family on the design and presentation of a magnificent cinema.

Many local industry Identities attended, including RKO Pictures who supplied the opening program. All proceeds from the night went to the James Mitchell Spastic Centre, a favourite charity of the late state Governor. CinemaScope was installed the following year with a screen that measured an impressive 36 feet across.

Contributed by Greg Lynch -

Unfavorite 1 person favorited this photo

You must login before making a comment.

New Comment