Theatorium

20 Market Street,
Wilmington, NC 28401

Unfavorite No one has favorited this theater yet

Uploaded By

Tiny elmorovivo

More Photos of This Theater

Photo Info

Uploaded on: April 26, 2016

Software: Adobe Photoshop CS3 Windows

Size: 62.2 KB

Views: 859

Full EXIF: View all

Compression: 1

Image length: 3224

Pixel Y dimension: 251

Y resolution: 300

Resolution unit: 2

Bits per sample: 888

Planar configuration: 1

Photometric interpretation: 2

Software: Adobe Photoshop CS3 Windows

Image width: 4241

Date time: Mon Jun 15 14:38:58 +0000 2009

Color space: 65535

Samples per pixel: 3

Pixel X dimension: 330

X resolution: 300

License:

Theatorium

The Theatorium was the third movie theater to open (after the Bijou and the Odeon) in Wilmington. The space the theater occupied was the first floor of a three story commercial building, with a 25 foot frontage on Market St. and 65 feet in depth. The building was owned by Solomon Bear. The space was rented in Jun 1906 by the South Eastern Amusement Association of Birmingham, Alabama. By May 1907 the space had been converted into a cozy and attractive theater. It opened on May 30, 1907 with “The Passion Play of Oberammergau”, a reenactment of the Easter Religious Pageant performed by the residents of the village of Oberammergau in Germany. The theater had a short life span and by 1909 the Wilmington City directory shows the Theatorium space occupied by Matthews Candy Company.

Unfavorite No one has favorited this photo yet

You must login before making a comment.

New Comment