1202 N. Pearl Street,
1 person favorited this theater
- Narrows Theater
- Tacoma West Cinemas 4-5
- Tacoma West Cinemas 1-3
- Blue Mouse Theatre
- Paramount Theater
News About This Theater
The Tacoma Autoview Drive-In at S. Tacoma Way and 99th Street was opened in 1947 and closed on August 31, 1948 when the screen was destroyed by a fire.(It has its own page on Cinema Treasures).
This second Autoview Drive-In was along Pearl Street in Tacoma’s West End, and opened on April 39, 1950 with Olivia De Haviland in “The Heiress” and John Payne in “Captain China”. The highway leading to the Tacoma Narrows Bridge passed by the drive-in, and drivers could try to see what film was playing there.
It was owned initially owned by Frank B. Smith who had operated the first Tacoma Autoview Drive-In. It was later operated by Forman Unit and managed by Homer and Bell Kiehl. There was room for 725 cars.
The drive-in closed in 1986 and was demolished to make way for apartments.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.