1410 Douglas Street,
1 person favorited this theater
Architects: Harry Lawrie
Firms: Mendelssohn, Fisher & Lawrie
Previous Names: Moon Theatre, Town Theatre, Cooper Cinerama
News About This Theater
- Mar 17, 2013 — “South Pacific” 55th Anniversary – The Roadshow Engagements
- Dec 9, 2012 — Happy 50th, “Lawrence of Arabia”
- Jun 23, 2012 — REMEMBERING CINERAMA (Part 54: Omaha)
- Nov 18, 2009 — Happy 50th, "Ben-Hur"
The 1,200-seat Moon Theater was located on the east half of the same block where the Rialto Theater sat, at 15th/14th Street’s and Douglas Street. It was opened prior to 1919. By 1926 it was a movie theatre, operated by the World Theatre Circuit. During most of its history as the Moon Theatre this theatre was Omaha’s bastion of bump (burlesque).
It was radically remodelled in the late-1950’s. In its incarnation as the Cooper 70 its architecture was similar to the Indian Hills (now demolished) out on West Dodge Road. The Moon/Cooper Theatre was demolished on December 12, 1975.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.