Some basic commenting rules for the Cinema Treasures community
To ensure that Cinema Treasures remains a vibrant community, we've established a few rules for posting comments.
Be a Good Citizen
- When posting a comment, please make sure you add value to the discussion.
- Please try to be as informative as possible when posting a comment.
- Do not post copyrighted content in your comments. If you wish to repost something you've seen elsewhere, include a short summary or snippet and provide a link to the original article
- Do not embed images in your comments, even if you're the original photographer. Link directly to the photo instead.
- Always treat your fellow users like you wish to be treated. Remember... we can only save movie theaters if we work together.
No Personal Attacks
- If you disagree with someone, make your point... and move on. If you really feel the need to keep discussing the issue, even after both sides have made their points, take the discussion offline.
- Do not badger another user by leaving negative comments about them on different pages. This ruins the website for everyone, and your account may be suspended if you continue.
- Do not change your username to impersonate or mock another user. This is also immediate grounds for account deletion.
- If you think a movie theater is poorly managed, do not personally criticize theater employees or management. You are always welcome to critique a theater's operation, management, programming, etc., but naming specific employees and launching personal attacks against them will lead to the suspension of your account.
- Do not misrepresent yourself. Unless you are authorized by a specific company or person to represent them, do not submit information using their name or claim to speak on their behalf. This will lead to your account being deleted.
- Likewise, if you're upset with how a movie theater is being preserved or restored, you should make your point without criticizing anyone who's directly involved in the preservation or restoration.
- Do not libel other users. Unless you have court-documented proof of malice, bankruptcy, theft, vandalism, misappropriation of funds, drug use, violence, etc., do not submit any such accusations on this site. This site is not a venue for your private or public grievances against other people. If you wish to make such accusations, do it somewhere else. If you libel another user here, your account will be deleted.
No Off-topic Discussions
- Please make sure your comment is relevant to the theater page or blog post where you post it.
- You are welcome and encouraged to add your memories to a theater page, but please do not post copious amounts of general remembrances about living in a certain town, or decade, etc. This website is about movie theaters; it's not intended for other types of nostalgia. If a comment about a specific town gives context for a theater, then that's terrific. Otherwise, please post it somewhere else.
- Do not use profanity or racist, sexist, homophobic, or other hateful language on this website. Posting such material is immediate grounds for account deletion.
- Any threats of violence by one user upon another will lead to the immediate deletion of the user's account.
- If your comment contains unsolicited commercial content, it will be deleted immediately, and your account will be closed.
If you have questions about our policy, please read our Frequently Asked Questions first. If your question isn't answered there, feel free to contact us and we'll do our best to get you an answer.